How to install docker on Windows 10
In this video, we will discuss, how to install Docker on Windows 10 in easy steps. Before jumping directly to the installation process, let’s first discuss what is docker?
What is docker?
Docker is the company driving the container movement and the only container platform provider to address every application across the hybrid cloud.
It is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed application without worry about storage location, hardware.
Docker is an open source solution that is available as the free Community Edition or the subscription-based Enterprise Edition for multiple platforms.
You can run docker on Windows, Mac, Ubuntu, Cloud everywhere. Docker makes it easier for organizations to automate infrastructure, isolate applications, maintain consistency, and improve resource utilization.
Steps to Install docker on Windows 10
- Open Docker Window EXE link
- Above link is direct download link of docker exe for windows 10. Download it first.
- After successfully download, go to download location and double-click on exe docket set up file.
- Follow the installation wizard which is normal as usual other window software installation as authorize, accept the license.
- Once Installation will be done, Click on “Finish” to close the installation dialogue box.
Congratulation for successfully installation docker on your windows 10 machine. now the time came to know how to start docker after knowing the process of how to install docker on windows 10.
How to start docker for Windows
- Click windows key on your keyboard to open window home.
- Search “Docker for Windows“.
- Once find it, click enter or single left mouse click on “Docker for Windows“.
- After that, you will see whale icon into windows notification area. Once container with whale becomes steady it means Docker is running successfully.
- After that open PowerShell and start our docker activities.
I hope this articles will help you to understand what is docker and how to install docker on windows 10. In case of any confusion, feel free to comment down.
For more articles related to Big Data, please check my website.