Hello Everyone, In this article, we will discuss Introduction to Kibana.
Introduction to Kibana
Kibana is an
- part of ELK stack.
- open source analytics and visualization tool
- work closely with Elasticsearch
- used to search, view, interact and discover data which stored into Elasticsearch index.
Uses of Kibana
Kibana used in
- search, view, interact and discover data which stored into Elasticsearch indices.
- data visualization.
- perform advance data analysis
- able to create an interactive dashboard.
- visualize data using various charts.
- understand big data.
- reflect changes in real time when data inside elasticsearch index get changed.
Role of Kibana in ELK Stack
ELK stands for “Elasticsearch”, “Logstash”, “Kibana”. ELK stack is a combination of three open source projects such as Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana.
In ELK Stack, Kibana used on top of Elasticseach and Logstash and lets users visualize data with charts, graphs and tables in Elasticsearch.
Different Types of Charts
There are more than 20 – 25 types of charts available in Kibana. I am going to list out few.
- Area Chart
- Heat Map
- Horizontal Bar
- Line graph
- Pie Chart
- Vertical Bar
- Data Table
- Coordinate Maps
- Region Maps
- Time Series
- Tag Clouds
- Vega Graphs
In this article, you learn about basic introduction about Kibana. In next article, we will discuss about how to download and install Kibana. Till that keep learning and don’t forget to put comments below.